K12 SWP Budget Modifications
Grantees may request modifications to the work to be performed.
NEW! For any budget change that does not require BACCC approval (see bullet list below), LEAs can now modify the budget themselves in NOVA. Please watch the video to see how to make the changes directly in NOVA.
It is required to seek permission from the BACCC for modification in the following scenarios:
- A budget category will change 10% or more of the total amount per line item
- A budget category is added or deleted
- The total dollar amount of the grant agreement will change for the Lead LEA
- The outcomes of the grant agreement/certified plan will be materially affected
- Permission for a capital outlay purchase has not been given
- A partner will no longer be part of the project
Budget changes or amendments are subject to applicable program limitations and require pre-approval of the BACCC.
Realistic budget projections should be done on an annual basis, ideally in the first quarter of the fiscal year. If planned expenditures will necessitate a budget modification, the modification form(s) should be submitted in the quarter prior to the actual expenditure of funds. Remember, the LEA is not authorized to make expenditures outside of the approved budget amounts/categories in the Certified Plan in NOVA.
Below is a link to the Request to Modify Budget spreadsheet. Make a copy and once completed, please upload and submit it using the button.